Machine Learning Research Scientist position at at the NYU School of Medicine
The Center for Biomedical Imaging and the Center for Advanced Imaging Innovation & Research (CAI2R) at NYU Langone Health are looking for a highly motivated Research Scientist to join our interdisciplinary group and work on novel machine learning methods for medical imaging. The Research Scientist will develop new research directions, on either machine learning methods for accelerated MRI, breast cancer detection, or musculoskeletal and brain image analysis.
- Passion for research on deep learning for medical imaging.
- PhD in computer science, medical imaging, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering or a related discipline. An exception can be made for an extraordinary candidate without a PhD.
- Advanced skills in Python and Tensorflow or PyTorch.
- Advanced knowledge of machine learning and deep learning.
- Advanced skills in using Linux.
- Experience in working with medical imaging data is a big plus.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing novel machine learning methods for medical imaging.
- Collaborating with other research scientists, faculty members, postdocs and students at our center.
Timeline, Salary, and Benefits
Please apply no later than 29th March 2020.
It is expected that the appointed candidate starts not later than the autumn of 2020. The initial appointment will be for a year, with an intention to renew further, depending on mutual agreement. Competitive salary and benefits package will be offered. Both domestic and international applicants are welcome.
Please send your application (CV and a short motivation letter) to Yvonne Lui (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Krzysztof Geras (email@example.com). Please use the string “[machine learning research scientist]” as the subject of the email.